25 MAR 2021 293
The beauty industry is booming, inspiring many entrepreneurs to start salon businesses. But only a few are able to launch it in a qualified, efficient, and profitable manner. Basically, the problems of beauty salons begin with mistakes made by managers or owners. All this leads to regrettable consequences - the loss of customers and profits. In order not to repeat other people's mistakes, you should learn what experts say about the beauty salon business. It will allow you to create your own algorithm of actions that will protect you from missteps and wrong decisions. In this respect, you may find useful books written by people with expertise in the beauty industry.
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg.
The book’s author will take you on an exciting journey to laboratories to see how habits can work on a neuroscientific level. You will learn how to transform your business into a revolutionary company by changing your thinking algorithm and developing certain habits.
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap... and Others Don't by James C. Collins.
Everyone is puzzled why some businesses thrive immediately after launch while others struggle without the slightest chance for success. This book will show you why some companies get superiority. You will learn secrets that will enable your salon to make a leap from good to great.
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss.
This book will disclose tricks, tips, and technologies to a successful business arrangement. You will learn how to reorganize your life, not to work the days and nights through. It is a breakthrough approach to generate income by working only a few hours a week.
- The Lean Startup: How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses by Eric Ries.
The author is sure that the key point of business success is not in the genius of its owner, but in the logical and clear organization of everyday working processes. The book offers an economically-based action plan to make your startup profitable and competitive.
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell.
To build a profitable business, it is not enough to create a business plan. You need to know your clients’ psychology, and this book will help you with this task. Some seemingly unimportant things can trigger major changes for the whole business. The key point is to know how to apply them.
Digitize barbershop business
Armed with expert advice, do not forget about the technical side of the project. We live in the digital era, and your business should keep up with the times. To build efficient communication with your customers, it is a must to create an app for a barbershop. Modern customers choose convenience, and specialized salon software will become your success catalyst. It brings undeniable advantages to both your salon and clients:
- The app is easy to use for both the client and the salon employees - all the necessary information about services, promotions, and discounts are available at any time.
- Salon owners can monitor the staff and generate reports about salon performance.
- You get a ready-made loyalty program - the application creates a client base and automatically accrues bonuses and discounts to your clients according to the chosen rules.
- Online appointment system. This feature will rearrange the whole setup of the salon. Customers will be able to book a visit at any time and from any location.
- Push notifications. Reminders will reduce the main problem of all salons – no-shows and late arrivals.
Ready-to-use barbershop apps offer a huge set of features that allow you to fully automate all processes in your beauty salon. The main benefit of the software is that it works around the clock. Design an app for barbershop today and enjoy your business performance in a new dimension.